Fighting formations deployed on the Vanni front have scored a series of battle-field victories since their first territorial gains in April 2008. They are:
Task Force I
* Adampan on May 9
* Mullikkandal, Minnaniranchan and Marattikannaddi situated north of Adampan on June 24.
* Mannar ‘Rice Bowl’, an area extending over 120 Square kilometres on June 29 thereby bringing Alankulama, Andankulama, Alakaddiveli, Parappakandal, Parappukadatan, Papamoddai, Odupallam, Neduvarampu, Kannaputtukulama and Vannakulama under government control.
* On June 30 TF I links up with 57 Division southwest of Periyamadu creating the largest ever battlefront on the western flank in the entire Eelam war.
* Strategically located Sea Tiger base at Vidathalthivu on the northwestern coast on July 16
* Illuppaikkadavai on July 20.
* Vellankulam on August 2.
* Mulankavil and Pallavarayankaddu on August 12.
* Maniyankulama on October 16.
* Vannerikkulam on October 20.
* Nochchimodai on October 28
* Jeyapuram on October 29.
* Nachchikuda on October 29
* Kiranchi on November 10
* Devil’s Point and Vallaipadu on November 13
* Pooneryn regained on November 15
* Paranthan regained on January 1, 2009
* Madhu church complex on April 24
* Palampiddi on May 16
* Mundumurippu on May 23
* Periyamadhu on June 15
* Naddankandal on July 11
* Kalvilan on August 13
* Thunukkai and Uilankulam on August 22
* Mallavi on September 2
* 29 October troops dominate Akkarayankulam tank bund
* Overrun Akkarayankulam built-up in Kilinochchi on November 5
* Kokavil on December 1
* Terumurikandy junction regained on Dec 10
* Iranamadu junction liberated on January 01, 2009
* Kilinochchi on January 2
Task Force III
* Mankulam on November 17
* Olumadu on November 25
* Munagam base, the main logistic link between LTTE strongholds in Wanni and LTTE cadres in the east, across the Mullaittivu jungle on May 30.
* Michael base on July 4.
* Sugandan base on July 27.
* Jeevan base on August 16
* On August 21 troops advance along West of the Nayaru lagoon
* On October 23 troops dominate Gajabapura
* On November 11 troops dominate part of Kumulamunai village
* On November 29 troops reach Otiyamalai
* Alampil on December 4
* Mulliyawalai on Dec 26
Task Force II
* Navvi on July 11
* Puliyankulam on December 4
* Kanakarayankulam on December 5
(Courtesy of The Island)